Looking for a dependable, long-lasting dual purpose marine battery and it’s difficult to choose among all the options on the market? Why not consider the Optima BlueTop, the most popular and top-rated trolling batteries. The Optima 8027-127 D27M BlueTop Starting Battery and Deep Cycle Marine Battery is a group size 27 battery that can be used both for starting a marine engine and for deep cycling applications, like running electronic devices, trolling motor, and a GPS system among others.
- 800 Cold Cranking Amperes at Zero degrees F (-17.8 degrees C);
- Cranking Amperes 1000 at 32 degrees F (0 degrees C);
- 12 Volts Nominal Voltage;
- Voltage when fully charged without any load 13.1Volts;
- Internal Resistance of 0.0025 ohms;
- Reserve Capacity: 140 minutes;
- Capacity of 66Ah C/20;
- Weight: 53.8 pounds (24.4 kg);
- Dimensions: 12.19 x 6.81 x 8.75 inches;
Like the other Optima batteries this deep cycle battery features AGM and Spiralcell technologies, which further enhance its performance, and along with all other amazing features make it one of the best marine batteries.
Its CCA and CA are much higher than the average batteries and it delivers high cranking power even in extremely cold weather. It is 15 times more resistant and has three times more cycling capability than other conventional batteries of the same size. This BlueTop battery also has a very low internal resistance of 0.0025 ohms and less self-discharge rate which makes it last longer without the need of the recharge. It has long service life and good durability and comes in a rugged case made of Polypropylene.
The Optima 8027-127 D27M BlueTop Starting Battery utilizes the innovative SPIRAL-CELL technology, like all the Optima batteries, which is truly a breakthrough in battery design that results in more power and consistency. The manufacturers have been using this technology since the early 1990’s, and it consists of a series of individual spiral-wound cells composed of two pure lead plates coated in lead oxide, outperforming conventional flat-plate batteries. The Spiral Cell technology also immobilizes the internal components of the battery, thus increasing its resistance towards heavy vibrations.
Featuring the latest AGM (absorbed glass mat) battery technology, this premium marine battery can tolerate repeated deep discharges and you can rely on it to provide ultimate starting. The AGM design of this deep cycle marine battery makes it spill-proof and maintenance-free. You will never need to clean terminals or add water, as it is completely sealed so it won’t spill, leak or corrode. The Optima BlueTop batteries are also known for their versatile mounting flexibility – they can be tilted without spilling the electrolyte and there is no risk of explosion due to leaked gasses.
The Optima Batteries 8027-127 dual-purpose marine battery has also much lighter weight than other AGM batteries of the same group.
Recommended Charging Information
- Alternator: 13.65 to 15.0 volts
- Battery Charger: 13.8 to 15.0 volts; 10 amps maximum; 6-12 hours approximate
- Float Charge: 13.2 to 13.8 volts; 1 amp maximum; (indefinite time at lower voltages)
- Rapid Recharge (Constant voltage charger): Maximum voltage 15.6 volts. No current limit as long as battery temperature remains below 125°F (51.7°C). Charge until current drops below 1 amp.
- Cyclic or Series String: 14.7 volts. No current limit as long as battery temperature remains below 125°F (51.7°C). When current falls below 1 amp, finish with 3 amp constant current for 1 hour.