Exide XMC-31 MEGACYCLE AGM Marine Battery
High starting and deep cycling power is what you need from a Marine battery. If you pick the Exide XMC-31 MEGACYCLE AGM Marine Battery, you’ll enjoy a long lasting battery that serves both the starting and deep cycling purposes of your boat efficiently, without having to compromise any of the two. This AGM battery is able to withstand great resistance and delivers the best desired results in terms of longevity and power production.
- Dimensions LxWxH: 13 x 6.6 x 9.4 inches (33 x 16.8 x 23.9 cm)
- Weight: 71 lbs (~32.2 kg)
- Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 925 A
- Cranking Amps (CA): 1110 A
- Reserve Capacity: 200 min
- Capacity (20h): 100 Ah
- Maximum 5s Discharging Current: 1400 A
- Battery Terminals (Dual: 1:9 SAE Post; 3/8″– 16 Positive Stud; 5/16″– 18 Negative Stud
- Battery Type:Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM)
- Grid Alloy: Lead Calcium (both positive and negative)
The Exide Technologies Company had been in the battery business for more than 120 years, which makes them an expert and a forerunner when it comes to the advancements and innovation of trolling motor batteries. They know the importance of worry-free time on the water and their answer is the MEGACYCLE AGM-200 Sealed Maintenance Free (AGM) Marine Battery.
The company compares their flat plate AGM battery with an Olympic decathlete or marathon runner. It has the energy to handle a lot of power demands at once, plus it has the endurance to perform at a high level day after day. The AGM batteries have six sets of plates with glass mat separator containing the electrolyte, arranged in a straight line inside the battery. Because the plates are compressed in rows, the battery has more capacity, i.e. it uses all of the surface area inside the container to provide more energy when it is needed. Plate compression enables longer life or more total energy usage over time, provides further back-up protection from extraordinary, but unplanned, discharge events, such as extended airport storage, lights left on or hazard light support.
The AGM design makes this battery one of the best marine batteries providing:
- 2x better cycling;
- 12x more vibration resistance ;
- 40% charge acceptance compared to the traditional 31 series flooded batteries;
- 925-1110 CCA with up to 200 minutes reserve capacity. This feature puts this battery near the top of its category when it comes to performance.
Other benefits of the AGM battery:
- spill-proof, shock-proof, maintenance-free design;
- engineered to tolerate vibration and regular knocks and bumps;
- stainless-steel SAE threaded posts and auto top posts for durability;
- fabric strap handle provides easy carrying;
- The battery comes with an incredible 24-month free replacement warranty, which is a serious plus (and a rare feature) for a deep cycle battery. So, as far as the warranties are concerned this is without a doubt the best marine battery on the market.
Low temperatures are not an issue
According to reviews, this battery scores very highly, as it is a very reliable performer even in freezing, sub-zero weather.
So, if you are looking for a high-quality battery that you can use for deep cycling and start, the Exide XMC-31 MEGACYCLE AGM Marine Battery, with its AGM design, durable exterior chassis and excellent two-year warranty, is one of the most reliable options on the market. May be slightly more expensive, but you’ll receive incredible value for your money.