Having troubles with starting your boat when the weather conditions are harsher? Then it is time to consider trying out the best marine starting battery – Optima 8006-006 34M BlueTop Marine battery. This Optima BlueTop is a sure-starting, strong cranking and maintenance free-power source for those who need a 34 group battery. It offers optimal performance and is entirely reliable.
Performance data and technical details:
- Cold Cranking Amps: 800
- Cranking Amps: 1000
- Nominal Voltage: 12 volts
- Open Circuit Voltage (fully charged): 12.8 volts
- Internal Resistance (fully charged): 0.0030 ohms
- Capacity: 50 Ah (C/20)
- Reserve Capacity: BC I: 100 minutes (25 amp discharge, 26.7°C, to 10.5 volts cut-off)
- Electrolyte: Sulfuric acid, H2SO4
- Case: Polypropylene
- Group Size: BCI: 34
- Post Type: Dual SAE & 5/16 Stainless Stud
- Weight: 38.4 lb (17.4 kg)
- Dimensions: 10.06×6.88×7.94 in
- Alternator: 13.3 to 15.0 volts
- Battery charger: 13.8 to 15.0 volts; 10 amps maximum; 6-12 hours approximately
- Float Charge: 13.2 to 13.8 volts; 1 amp maximum current (indefinite time at lower voltages)
- Rapid Recharge (Constant voltage charger): Maximum voltage 15.6 volts. No current limit as long as battery temperature remains below 51.7°C. Charge until current drops below 1 amp.
Due to its AGM design, the Optima 8006-006 34M BlueTop Marine battery is 100% spill-proof, maintenance-free and attachable in any position. It also guarantees the vibration and shock resistance of the Optima battery. The battery has versatile mounting flexibility – it can be tilted without spilling the electrolyte and there is no risk of explosion due to leaked gasses.
As an Optima battery, the Optima BlueTop also features the OPTIMA® SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY. It is a series of individual spiral-wound cells composed of two pure (99.99%) lead plates coated in a precise coating of lead oxide. This breakthrough in battery design delivers more power and consistently outperforms the traditional AGM flat-plate batteries. This technology also enables the battery to be quickly charged and to live longer. The Spiralcell design provides 15x the vibration resistance of a traditional battery and has 15 times longer life than other standard starting batteries in its class, which makes it the best and most reliable group 34 cranking battery for marine use. Optima batteries precision-moulded cylindrical cases are manufactured to such tight tolerances that only virgin polypropylene can be used. This ensures perfect and uniform compression once the Spiralcell is inserted and also avoids any potential contaminants or impurities from pre-used plastic.